So we do have something to look forward to! Today is pancake Tuesday; meaning that just around the corner is Easter! O.K. so there are a couple of days in between but at least we can start thinking about wearing our Stuart Weitzman sandals, short shorts and bikini's again!
Named after the ritual of shriving, and marking the beginning of the 40 day lent fasting period where it was forbidden to eat meat, butter, eggs or milk! Therefore, Pancake day was for families to use up their food before it would spoil.
So here is our recipe for delicious Banana Pancakes!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Combine flour, white sugar,
and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.
Eat and enjoy!